When to Consider Air Duct CleaningIn Fall on August 24, 2017 at 10:47 pm | Written by admin
Sometimes people ask, ” Should I have my air ducts cleaned, or is it a scam? “
But, does air duct cleaning really deliver these results?
Here’s some information to help you decide whether or not your home might benefit from having the air ducts in your house cleaned.
Should I have them cleaned?
There is evidence that dirty heating and cooling coils, motors, and handling units will make your HVAC system less efficient. Even though some people swear by it, there isn’t medical reviewed research at present that routine duct cleaning improves air quality, or reduces dust in your home. Checking the air ducts can help identify specific problems that may keep your HVAC system running more efficient, however.
When to Consider Air Duct Cleaning
Two main concerns of some homeowners who consider this service are large amounts of dust or large obstructions in the ductwork.
The easier it is for the air to flow through the air ducts, the easier it is for the system to deliver the air to the living spaces.
Major blockages that slow air flow will likely cost more over time. There are some specific signs to determine if air duct cleaning is warranted:
- Mold Infestation – When a musty or moldy odor is coming from your HVAC system, you may need an HVAC technician to inspect the ducts. Trapped moisture causes mold to develop, and may damage the system. Any type of mold should be treated seriously.
- Duct Obstruction – When significant amounts of dust and debris are noticed within the ductwork, this may be a sign that it is time to consider thorough air duct cleaning.
- Unexplained Allergy Related Illness – If a family member is suffering from an allergy-related illness, and every other precaution has been taken to decontaminate your home, you may want to think about having the ducts cleaned.
- Insect Bodies or Rodent Droppings – If there are bodies of insects or droppings from rodents in the air ducts, This is a sure sign that they should be cleaned. These by-products will likely circulate the air of your home. This could also be a sign that insects have nested or there are rodents living inside the air ducts.
Will Air Duct Cleaning Benefit Me?
If dust and debris are significantly blocking the air ducts in your home, there may be other issues affecting the performance of your HVAC system. For instance, if the air filter is heavily clogged, there’s a very good chance that the system is having to work much harder than it normally should to maintain a normal temperature. The air must be circulating sufficiently to reach the thermostat, and ensure that the home stays at the proper temperature.
HVAC Cleaning Top Benefits
A reputable, certified HCAV professional, such as the ones you will find at Green T Services, should inspect your dirty HVAC systems. The EPA and the National Air Duct Cleaners Association, which represent more than 1,000 cleaning companies nationwide, agree that there are benefits to cleaning debris from ducts, furnaces, central air conditioners, and ventilation.
Do you think that a dirty filter is good for indoor air quality?
Indoor air quality concerns are on the rise, and it’s easy to convince homeowners that air ducts need to be cleaned.
Another benefit in keeping your HVAC unit clean is energy efficiency.
Ways to make Your HVAC System Efficient
Clearing major obstructions in your ducts and addressing the underlying issues will help your HVAC system deliver the desired comfort.
Always taking the necessary steps should make homeowners to keep their HVAC system working at maximum efficiency.
Preventative steps you can take to contribute to the efficiency of your system:
- Change your furnace filter regularly.
- Schedule an HVAC tune-up on a regular basis.
- Make sure the thermostat is working properly.
System Maintenance is Key
Properly sealed and installed air ducts should seldom need cleaning but, if it is required, make sure you hire someone who is experienced and uses the most current technology for cleaning in order to avoid problems.
Make it a point to change your air filter regularly and according to your manufacturer’s recommendations.>>>>>>
A qualified HVAC technician can evaluate their system if poor air flow is noticed by the homeowner since poor air flow will directly impact the overall energy efficiency.
Checking this problem regularly is a very good idea. Air ducts that are properly installed and sealed should never need cleaning, but if it is required, hire someone who is experienced with the most current technology for cleaning in order to avoid problems.
Call Green T Services Air Duct Cleaning Services at (630)-231-9997
We can make sure your air duct system is clean and efficient.
IMAGE SOURCE: www.cleanalert.comComment »