Tips for Residential Air Duct MaintenanceIn Fall on December 12, 2016 at 8:44 pm | Written by admin
Keeping your air ducts clean can give you cleaner indoor air. Regardless of whether you have an expert to deal with it or you do it yourself, some simple air duct maintenance tips can remove the contamination of your air vents.
Air duct maintenance concentrates on two aspects, decreasing the volume of outside particles such as pollen rodent droppings, insects & their droppings, which advances into your air vents heating and cooling system and preventing moisture from getting into the air ducts.
Tips to reduce the volume of dust & debris in your heating & cooling system:
- Efficient Air Filter – Use the air filter with highest efficiency that you can afford as suggested by the manufacturer of your HVAC system.
Replace Your Air Filter Regularly – Now the question arises how frequently? The answer is dependent on where you live, whether you have a pet, how often your system is used and if anybody smokes in the home.
- Place Them Right – Be sure that every filter is set up in right place and they fit properly to prevent air from getting around the filters.
- Put Technician Skills to Use – Anytime you have your heating & cooling system serviced, have the technician clean the coils and drain pans.
- Precaution During Renovation – Do not operate your HVAC system and block the return and supply vents throughout at the time when any significant home renovations are being done because it generates a large amount of dust.
- Highly Efficient System – Dust and vacuum your house frequently. If at all possible use a high efficiency (HEPA) vacuum along the highest efficiency filter within your budget.