The Importance of Air FiltersIn Fall on April 18, 2017 at 3:44 pm | Written by gtadmin20
It’s Springtime in Illinois, which means allergy season is officially upon us.
It can get so bad, sometimes it almost makes you want the winter months back. Just kidding! We’re loving this weather.
Are you suffering from seasonal allergies? Before taking all those allergy medications, did you try changing your air filter in your home? Changing your air filter regularly is key to keeping good air quality in your home, which will help you feel better.
The air filter is one of the most crucial parts of your HVAC system and should be replaced regularly to help prevent issues with the system itself and your health. A dirty air filter can make your unit work harder than it has to, creating more wear and tear on the system.
Factors such as smoking, pets, and allergens like pollen can necessitate more frequent filter changes to ensure the health and comfort of everyone in your home.
The Importance of Air Filters
- A clean air filter will keep your air conditioner running more efficiently.
- The system won’t work as hard to push cool air into your home.
- A dirty air filter blows allergens and contaminants into your home.
- Indoor air quality is affected significantly by your air filter.
- When the air filter is dirty, it puts excess strain on the system.
- May lead to more frequent repairs and shorten the lifespan of the unit.
Signs you Should Change your Air Filter
- Are your heating and cooling bills going up for no apparent reason?
- Dirty air filters can increase your heating and cooling costs.
- Many factors can contribute to worsening allergies, including dirty filters.
- If you are experiencing indoor allergies, try changing your air filter.
- Does your system need professional attention more than before?
- It could be due to dirty filters putting more wear and tear on the system.
Related: Reasons for Air Duct Cleaning
Factors that Affect Air Filters
- If there are pets or smokers in your house, you’ll need to change the filter more often.
- We recommend changing your air filter every three months.
- Households with allergy sufferers may need to change filters frequently to keep allergens down.
- You will also need to change the filter more often during peak usage seasons.
Related: Benefits of Air Duct Cleaning
You may not think about it, but we rely on our HVAC system quite a bit. It is important to keep your heating and cooling system well maintained so that you can avoid all the above problems, especially when you really need it; summer and winter.